Call for Participation
1. The European Haiku Society (EHS), in collaboration with the Italian Haiku Association (IHA), the ANPH Haiku Archive and the Manyoshu Publishing, is inviting participation in the 2016 European Haiku Prize for best unpublished haiku.
2. The contest is open to the public. Members of the Executive Committee of the European Haiku Society (EHS) are not eligible.
3. Each applicant can send up to 3 original and unpublished haiku in 5 copies to:
European Haiku Society (EHS)
Via Gian Lorenzo Bernini, 4
33084 Cordenons (PN), Italy
Entries to the European Haiku Prize cannot be submitted for publication or to any other contest until after the completion of the ceremony.
One copy only must contain the following information: name, surname, age, current address, phone number and e-mail.
Haiku must be typed or very clearly written on one side of the paper only. They can be written in any language, but must be accompaigned by an English or French translation.
4. Authors can also submit their haiku by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this case, author’s personal information have to be reported in the body of the message, while the poems can be reported whether in the body of the message or in an attached .doc/.docx, .txt or .pdf file.
5. Certificates of merit and diplomas will be awarded for winning and mentioned poets.
Prizes of Euro 700, 400 and 200 will be awarded, respectively, to the first, second and third place. Each winner will also receive a commemorative plaque and a diploma.
Winning and mentioned haiku will be published in Makoto e-zine and on the European Haiku Society (EHS) official website.
6. A selection of submitted haiku will be collected in an Anthology, edited by the Manyoshu Publishing, which will be promoted and distributed by the European Haiku Society (EHS) worldwide.
7. No entry fee is required.
8. Jury’s decision is definitive and irrevocable. Prizes must be personally received by authors. In case of documented impediments, they can ask the EHS Secretary to send them to their own address.
Diplomas and certificates of merit will be sent by e-mail.
Money prizes will be drawn by bank transfer or other electronic payment method (PayPal, etc.). No money will be sent by mail.
9. The award ceremony will take place on April 30, 2016, in Pordenone, Italy, location to be determined. Winning poets will be promptly notified by the European Haiku Society (EHS).
On request, the EHS Secretary will provide an accomodation for winning or mentioned poets in one of the EHS partner hotels or bed and breakfasts.
10. European Haiku Society (EHS) is the institutional reference for haiku poetry in the European Union. Detail information on how to join or support the Organization are available at the following address: www.haikusociety.eu.
11. By submitting their poems, applicants agree to the aformentioned guidelines. They also agree that their works may be published in the EHS Anthology, if accepted.
12. Closing date for submission is set on February 20, 2016.
13. Any dispute will be solved in accordace to the Italian Law.